Background: Technology sourcing for automotive OEM
Our Client is a major global automotive manufacturer. Their regional office in Eastern Europe, based in Poland, requested FRD Center’s support in identifying and selecting local companies offering specialised complex 3D CAD supported technology manufacturing process. They hired FRD Center for technology sourcing for automotive OEM.
Some of the criteria used for selection were:
- experience and references in automotive industry
- own design office with a possibility to design in 3D software
- has possibilities in mechanical preparation of line components
- has possibilities in electrical preparation of line components
- has a production facility to assemble all components to the final configuration and perform all required tests
- has skills and relevant manpower to install the equipment in a customer facility
- is able to adjust the tooling to it’s final, required configuration, perform tests and achieve all required parameters
- has English-speakers in the team
Once we clarified with the Client their objectives, selection criteria and expectations, the FRD Center consultants carried out an extensive search & selection process, identifying, selecting and interviewing local services providers and qualifying those that supplied satisfactory services, references and project portfolios.
Resulting from this project, the Client obtained verified contact details and brief profiles of local 3D CAD technology providers, accompanied by comments and recommendations from the FRD consultants.
The 2nd stage has been the Client’s local visit to Romania and 1-2-1 meetings during visits to the shortlisted local companies.
The FRD Center consultant accompanied the Client to the meetings in cities such as Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Sibiu, Bacau etc.
For the FRD Center Industrial Manufacturing in Emerging Europe Demo Report go to http://www.frdcenter.ro/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/FRD-Center-Industrial-Manufacturing-in-Emerging-Europe-March-2019.pdf
More details about Market Expansion opportunities in Romania and Eastern Europe are available in the FRD Center businessblog at https://market-entry-romania.blogspot.com/
More details about the FRD Center Market Entry Services are available at http://www.frdcenter.ro/services/market-entry-and-b2b-matchmaking-in-eastern-europe/
What are the opportunities presented by the Romanian industrial manufacturing sector? For more details visit the FRD Center business blog.
For the FRD Center newsletter Automotive Manufacturing Sector in CE and SE Europe H1 2018 available for free download go to http://www.frdcenter.ro/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Automotive-Sector-in-CE-and-SE-Europe-H1-2018-FRD-Center.pdf