Many of our Clients hire our B2B matchmaking services only after repeated trials to identify and appoint a reliable importer-distributor or a local supplier / manufacturer in these markets, after they have used their internal resources with no success.
Our services involve identification and selection of most relevant targets, direct liaison at Manager level, presentation of the Client's products / services, pursuit for obtaining expression of interest in a 1-2-1 meeting with the Client representative, assistance on location, follow-up etc.
For more details about the process of importer-distributor search & selection, please consult our B2B brochure at this link.
For details on the process of suppliers search & selection, please feel free to contact us with your specific requirements.
Examples of recent B2B Matchmaking projects:
- September – December 2016: FRD Center, together with the local partner, has carried out a B2B matchmaking and product introduction project in the Russian and CIS market for an industrial manufacturing Client in India.
- September – November 2016: Subcontracted by the Conference of Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Governors and Premiers from USA and Canada, the FRD Center team organised a Trade Mission of 7 US companies to Romania in sectors such as industrial manufacturing and automotive. These have met with local buyers and potential business partners after the B2B matchmaking and product introduction carried out by the FRD Center team.
- August – October 2016: Commissioned by the Agrotechnology from Finland Growth Program of Finpro, FRD Center has organised an Inward Buyer Mission of Romanian importer-distributors of agribusiness equipment and farm machinery to travel to Finland and meet with Finnish producers in a B2B event at the KoneAgria trade fair.
- July – September 2016: The FRD Center team is contracted to carry out a B2B matchmaking and Partner Search & Selection project in Romania for a Polish industrial equipment and machinery manufacturer. The business partners search & selection process concluded with a business itinerary in Romania and 1-2-1 meetings with 6 potential local partners that have shown interest after being contacted by the FRD Center team.
- July – November 2016: For a high profile Dutch Client, FRD Center carries out an exhaustive Supplier Search & Selection and B2B matchmaking project in the furniture manufacturing sector in Romania.
- June – November 2016: FRD Center, together with the local UK partner, has carried out a B2B matchmaking and product introduction project in the British market for an industrial manufacturing Client in Sweden, presenting the Swedish metal components to the British potential buyers and assessing interest, follow up and pursuit, requesting and providing quotations according to technical descriptions and requirements, facilitating direct contact with the interested parties.
- June - September 2016: Subcontracted by the Instituto de Fomento Region de Murcia, FRD Center organises the 2016 Inward Buyer Mission to the Yecla Furniture Fair in Murcia region, Spain. Five Romanian specialised importer-distributors of high quality furniture have been selected to participate and travelled to Murcia for B2B meetings during 3 days.
- May – June 2016: For the Finnish governmental agency Finpro, FRD Center has organised an Inward Buyer Mission of Romanian importer-distributors of foods & beverages to travel to Finland under the Food from Finland Growth Program and meet with Finnish producers in a B2B event.
- April – June 2016: FRD Center has been subcontracted by the Murcia Chamber of Commerce (Spain) to carry out a multi-sectorial Trade Mission of 11 Spanish companies to Romania. FRD Center provided all local support, B2B matchmaking services, logistic assistance. Sectors included fresh fruit & vegetables, technology, FMCG, cosmetics & personal care, dairy products. FRD Center facilitated B2B contactes with relevant Romanian buyers in the modern retail, with specialised importer-distributors, local technology firms, ICT. The FRD Center team organised a total of 76 B2B matchmaking meetings and company visits on this project.
- October 2015 – February 2016: FRD Center, coordinating the local partners in Hungary and Poland, has carried out a comprehensive market entry and B2B matchmaking project in Romania, Poland and Hungary for a Greek Client-company active in the cosmetics and personal care sector. The business partners search & selection process concluded with a business itinerary in Romania and Hungary and 1-2-1 meetings with some 10 potential local partners that have shown interest after being contacted by the FRD Center team.
- June – September 2014: B2B matchmaking services for an Irish manufacturer of medical devices looking to present its products and collaboration proposal to local specialised importer-distributors. The business partners search & selection process concluded with a business itinerary in Romania and 1-2-1 meetings with 6 potential local partners that have shown interest after being contacted by the FRD Center team.
- April – June 2014: comprehensive partners search & selection project for an Israeli producer of dermocosmetic products. The activities included identification of local manufacturers of dermocosmetics, independent OTC producers, natural remedies and cosmetics producers; selection of most relevant players, commercial due diligence and in-depth profiling, shortlisting of targets, contact at Manager level, presentation of the Client's products and proposal, pursuit of the local managers for obtaining their expression of interest or decline, arranging 1-2-1 meetings with the interested local players, assistance on location, follow-up of the visited companies.
- March – April 2014: Business matchmaking activities in Bucharest for 16 Dutch firms which resulted in almost 100 individual meetings with local target companies and authorities. Sectors of activity included: agri-business, water management, logistics and transportation, services, environmental technologies.
- February – March 2014: Business partners search and selection in the field of tools for the metal works industry for an important Irish group interested in the Romanian market.
- December 2013 – February 2014: a comprehensive partners search & selection project in Romania for a major international player in the field of waste-water solutions.
- August - October 2013: B2B matchmaking services for a Spanish company in the agricultural machinery sector with local specialised importer-distributors of agricultural equipment and farm machinery which concluded with a business itinerary in Romania and 1-2-1 meetings with potential local buyers and local partners.
- August - October 2013: comprehensive search & selection process in the garden-centers sector with a focus on special soils and gardening substrata. The project resulted in a complete d-base of DYI chain-stores, garden centers and specialised importer-distributors that have been contacted with the Client's product presentation, followed up for assessment of interest from local players and commercial agenda of 1-2-1 meetings with interested parties.
- September 2013: exhaustive market scan of the players active in the training sector in Romania, followed by a selection process, Client-company presentation and interviewing to assess interest from the local target-companies. Interested local firms have been profiled and a B2B commercial itinerary has been prepared for the Client: a preeminent Polish training firm.
- August – September 2013: B2B matchmaking and support with trade fair participation in the COSMETICS BEAUTY HAIR 2013 - International exhibition for beauty equipment, products, body care and hairdressing in Bucharest. The Turkish company hired FRD Center to facilitate direct business contacts with relevant local specialised importer-distributors of dermocosmetics, as well as chains of pharmacies for 1-2-1 meetings and product presentations.
- March - July 2013: For our Indian Client-company, FRD Center provided full service B2B matchmaking services with local specialised importer-distributors of industrial paints and professional varnishes which resulted in a business itinerary of 5 days and 1-2-1 meetings and company visits in Romania.
- June – July 2013: FRD Center provided business liaison services, direct contacts and assessment of interest from relevant staff in local target-companies in the field of biodiesel production for Guascor Group part of the Dresser-Rand group. FRD Center set up an agenda of commercial meetings and company visits for the Client in Romania.
- April - June 2013: a comprehensive market scan, identification and selection of local players, followed by the French client-company presentation and assessment of interest from the local companies – importer-distributors of fine foods, charcuteries and delicatessen. The French Client participated in a commercial itinerary set up by FRD Center consisting of 1-2-1 meetings with interested local firms.
- April - May 2013: a market scan and selection process, followed by interviewing and detailed profiling of key players in the cleaning supplies and substances sector in Romania.